The Big Game is this weekend. Did you opt for snacks? Leave all the cooking and food prep to the folks at The Goddess and Grocer. With locations across the city, you can call ahead and pick up on game day.
The goddess and grocer setup was inspired by the delicatessens and Melting Pot Markets in Melbourne, Australia. Owner Debbie Sharpe opened her first store in 2005 in Chicago’s Bucktown neighborhood. Sharpe has traveled all over the world cooking for rock n’ roll bands like Rod Stewart, Tina Turner and The Rolling Stones. While on tour with Paul McCartney, she falls in love with Chicago and decides to stay.
Chicago Scene heads to the original location for some Big Game meal ideas that are perfect for football fans who want to celebrate from the comfort of their own home. The catering menu is available for shipping nationwide (with some restrictions) and can be ordered through 773-292-7100 or click here.
Some things shown in the video:
Pregame – serves 3-4
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mac and cheese and BBQ beef brisket
- Potato salad
- Chili Bar (for 6 people) – choice of cactus beef chili / veggie chili / chicken white chili + cornbread, cheddar, sour cream, green onions, hot sauce
- Chicago-style hot dog bar – Jumbo all-beef Viennese hot dogs, poppy seed buns, yellow mustard, onion, pickle relish, tomato, dill pickle spear, sport peppers, celery
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Game Day Chicken Wings
- Super Bowl Cupcakes
- Decorated cookies
- Cookie decorating kits – soccer balls, helmets, jerseys
- Old fashioned cocktail
- Spitful – Gridiron Golden Lager
- Off Color – Apex Predator
- Cocktail Tequila Touchdown
For more fun on the Chicago scene, follow @tomwgnchicago on Instagram.
Suggest a fix