Seniors Day Photos
BRIDGEWATER, Mass. (February 19, 2022)- Stonehill saw four different scorers, including three in the second period, to give the Skyhawks a 4-2 win over Saint Michael’s College in Northeast-10 Conference action Saturday night at the Bridgewater Ice Arena.
Seoane was one of four Skyhawks to score, including the eventual winner of Saturday’s game (courtesy Saylor Murphy).
- Before the match, the team paid tribute to its seven seniors: Owen Schiffmann (team manager), Tim Grable, Joshua Loveridge, Chase McKay, Charles Page, mike seoaneand Augustus Stevens. Thank you all for your contributions to Stonehill Men’s Hockey and Stonehill College!
- Neither team generated a scoring chance in the first period thanks to solid play in front of the net by McKay, who made 13 of 31 saves.
- However, less than a minute into the second period (19:01), Saint Michael’s broke the scoreless drought when Kantgias case sent his shot past McKay for the 1-0 advantage.
- Stonehill responded quickly just over 30 seconds later (6:30 p.m.) when John Peloso scored his team-leading 13th goal of the season. Seoane and Page each helped push the puck to Peloso who then sent his shot past the Purple Knights goaltender, Marshal Murphy.
- The Skyhawks found their rhythm and took the lead at 17:08 when Sage Bittinger-Esser sent the puck towards Jake Cady and he fired a wrist past Murphy to make it 2-1.
- Later in the second (6:12), the Purple Knights tied things at two when David Ciancio received passes from Thomas Flak and Cameron Stewart.
- With 4:42 to go in the second half, Seoane scored the eventual winner of the match after catching a header pass from ryan king to push the puck past Murphy for the 3-2 advantage.
- For the rest of the game, the Skyhawks defense and McKay held on and kept the Purple Knights from scoring, and with just three seconds left in the period, Brendan Nehmer fired a shot from the end of the Stonehill ice into the empty Saint Michael net to secure the 4-2 triumph.
Stonehill continues their homestand when the team host Assumption University on Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. Saint Michael’s regular season is now over and they await their opponent for the NE10 Championship starting Saturday, February 26 at a time to be determined later.
For the latest news on Stonehill Athletics, follow the Skyhawks via social media at Twitter, Facebook and instagram. Fans can also download the Stonehill Skyhawks “Front Row” Mobile Apppowered by PrestoSports, on iTunes and Android Market.