DALLAS – (COMMERCIAL THREAD) – On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina, the world’s largest Mexican casual dining brand, introduced over 20 new menu items this year, including the following launching today:
- Honey chipotle shrimp tacos – Crispy fried shrimp, hand-mixed in a honey chipotle sauce with cilantro, spicy avocado ranch and shredded cabbage.
- Tacos al Pastor – Braised and seasoned carnitas with pineapple salsa.
- Al Carbone Tacos – Corn tortillas with chicken fajita or steak, served with Jack cheese, pico de gallo, fresh guacamole and roasted red tomatillo-chile salsa.
- Smoker’s fajitas – Plate of Texan-sized fajitas with chipotle ribs, jalapeño sausage, braised carnitas and grated beef brisket with honey chipotle sauce and jalapeño-BBQ on the side, topped with a grilled jalapeño.
- Monterey Ranch Chicken Torta – Grilled mesquite chicken topped with melted Jack cheese, crumbled bacon and ranch dressing in a grilled bolillo roll.
- Braised Torta Carnitas – Braised carnitas with creamy red chili sauce and honey chipotle sauce, topped with shredded cabbage and pickled red onions in a grilled bolillo roll.
- Loaded queso burger – On The Border’s Tex-Mex burger loaded with fresh guac, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, marinated jalapeños, Mexican white cheese topped with smoked queso, served on toast.
“We are delighted to continue to be bolder with our menu and to serve delicious new dishes to our guests,” said Chef and Senior Director of Culinary Daniel Camp On The Border. “Our menu innovations, specialty marinades and wood-burning grills have been the driving forces that have made On The Border a fan favorite for almost 40 years. We can’t wait to present these refreshing flavors to our guests!
Other menu improvements include revamping its tortilla soup with even bolder flavors and increasing its iconic sauces, including green chili, sour cream sauce, and spicy avocado ranch. He amplifies his fajitas with more steak on the sizzling plate and offers savory additions like a grilled shrimp skewer with mesquite. Guests can start their authentic Tex-Mex dining experience with the brand’s new Honey Chipotle Shrimp Appetizer and top it off with the new Tres Leches Cake.
On The Border will bring back favorites like the Chipotle Ribs, which were served when the brand first opened. Plus, he’s introducing 10 new handcrafted Tex-Mex cocktails to the menu, including an ultra-premium Diamante Margarita with Maestro Doble Diamante Tequila, Ranch Water and Maker’s’ Rita.
Learn more about On The Border and its new menu at ontheborder.com.
About the border
On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina is the world’s largest Mexican casual dining brand. Known for its award-winning margaritas, homemade salsa, and grilled mesquite fajitas, On The Border is a fan-favorite destination for authentic, contemporary Mexican cuisine and lively good times. With over 125 restaurants in 31 states and Asia, there’s always a party waiting for you at On The Border. For more information, visit ontheborder.com and follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.