No. 6 Ohio State vs. No. 4 Michigan
Dated: Saturday February 12, 2022
Place: Covelli Center (Columbus, Ohio)
Meet: 1:00 p.m. ET | Live Results | B1G+
Lists: Ohio State | Michigan
2022 Ohio State Results and Statistics
Columbus, Ohio –Ohio State’s No. 6 men’s gymnastics team hosts Michigan’s No. 4 in its Big Ten home opener Saturday at 1 p.m. The match will be streamed live on B1G+ (subscription required). There will be a meeting with the team after the end of the competition.
CONCESSIONS UPDATE: Starting Feb. 3, concessions will resume at all OSU sporting events, with the full menu available for events later in February.
- The Buckeyes were picked to finish fifth in the Big Ten this season, according to the conference coaches’ poll, while the Wolverines were picked to win the conference.
- OSU places in the top five in the nation as a team in three events – third on pommel horse, fifth on floor and fifth on vault. The Buckeyes posted the highest pommel horse team score of any team in the country this season with a 67.750 against the New York Alliance on Jan. 22.
- In Ohio State’s home opener, the Buckeyes totaled their best score of the season so far (399.150) to beat the New York Alliance on Jan. 22 inside the Covelli Center.
- Trevor Cummings was named College Gymnastics Association Specialist of the Week on Jan. 26 after posting his career-high 14.600 on pommel horse against NYA.
- Ohio State fell to No. 6 Illinois by a 400.750 mark to 394.500 last Saturday on the road, despite an even split of events. The Buckeyes posted season highs on floor, rings and vault, winning those events.
- OSU had a career-best five individual scores against the Fighting Illini. Kameron Nelson led the team with two career highs – floor (14.350) and vault (14.450).
- Michigan enters the meeting undefeated this season. The Wolverines posted the highest score of the seven teams at the Windy City Invite and earned doubles wins over Northern Illinois (385.950-252.100) and No. 3 Nebraska (409.100-400.350).
Top 10 ranking by average (roadtonationals.com)
- Fifth – Kameron Nelson (13.950)
- First – Trevor Cummings (14.075), also the best score of the season (14.600)
- Seventh – Justin Ah Chow (13,600)
- Jesse Tyndall has the best score of the season (14.550).