Learning how to save a web page as a PDF is extremely helpful. Maybe you are downloading travel information without a reliable internet connection, or maybe you want to download a research paper so you can grade it.
Whatever the reason, being able to view a webpage offline in PDF format can be very handy. Of course, you can just bookmark a webpage or copy and paste the link, but that would require a constant internet connection and that is not always a guarantee. If you know that you will need to access a web page in the future, it is best to save it as a PDF.
Logically, you can assume that the “Save Page As” feature found in most browsers is the best way to save a web page as a PDF. However, this option will actually save a page in HTML format. It’s not ideal for offline viewing, so it’s best to save it as a PDF.
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to save webpage as PDF because you have come to the right place. Below are easy to follow instructions on how to save webpage as PDF in all major browsers on desktop and mobile.
How to save webpage as PDF in Chrome
1. Click on the three-dot button in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser and select the Print option in the menu. Alternately, press Ctrl + P to skip this step.
2. In the Print window, click the down arrow to the right of the Destination header to bring up a drop-down menu. From this submenu, select “Save as PDF”.
3. You can click on “More settings” if you want to set additional requirements such as page size and scaling. Once you are happy with your PDF, click Save at the bottom of the window.
4. You will now be asked to select the location on your PC where you want to save the PDF. Select a location, then click on Save.
How to save webpage as PDF in Microsoft Edge
1. Click the three-dot button in the upper right corner of Microsoft Edge browser and select the Print option. You can also press Ctrl + P to go directly to step 2.
2. In the Print pop-up window click the down arrow under Printer and select “Save as PDF. “
3. You can use the Layout and Pages options located in the Print pop-up window to make formatting changes, as well as by clicking on “More settings” for options such as number of pages and scaling.
4. Click the Save button and you will be asked to choose where on your PC the PDF will be saved. Select a location and click Save again to complete the process.
How to save a web page as PDF in Firefox
1. Click the three-line button located in the upper right corner of the Firefox browser, and select the “Printâ¦” option.
2. In the resulting window click on Print in the upper left corner.
3. When the following window opens, select “Microsoft Print to PDF” in the printer options, then click on the Print button.
4. You will be asked to choose a file name and save the location. After doing this click on Save.
How to save webpage as PDF in Safari
1. Click File in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Choose “Export as PDF …” menu.
2. A new window will open. From here you can enter a file name and select a save location.
3. Once you’ve done that, click on the Save button. Safari really makes it easier.
How to save webpage as PDF on iOS
1. Open the webpage you want to save as PDF in the Safari app for iOS and tap the Share button. It’s the one with an arrow pointing up from a square box.
2. Press the Options button which will appear under the title of the web page.
3. Select PDF in the list of options, then press Done.
4. Next, press “Save to files”.
5. You will be asked to Choose a destination on your device where the PDF will be saved. Tap Save to finish.
How to save webpage as PDF on Android
1. Open the webpage you want to save as PDF in the Chrome app for Android. Press the three-dot button located in the upper right corner and select Share.
2. A context menu will appear on your screen, from here press Print.
3. Press the down arrow in the upper right corner of your screen and choose “Save as PDF” in the options menu.
4. You can use the down arrow under Paper Size to choose several options such as number of pages and scaling if necessary.
5. Once you are ready to save your PDF, press blue PDF button, which should be on the right of your screen.